Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I install a previously bought and installed Microsoft Office program on a new computer?

Assuming you still have the installation disks, the same way you did the first time. If it is a newer version you may need to call microsoft and explain that you are transferring the licence to a new machine. If it is OEM version, then this is not legal.



How do I install a previously bought and installed Microsoft Office program on a new computer?antivirus software



First, what happened to the old computer? OR what do you intend to do with the old computer?



It is illegal to install the Office Suite on both machines unless you have purchased a license to do so.



I ran into this problem when my old computer 'bit the dust' (so to speak). When I tried to install the Office Suite on my new machine, it came back telling me that this was the first of 50 times it would allow me to open it without entering the 32-digit code. I called Microsoft and explained this to them and they gave me the 32-digit code.



Be prepared for a long foray into the Microsoft automated telephone system trying to get this information; you may finally get a human on the line who will give you a telephone number that has been disconnected. It took me 2-3 hours to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment