Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is OpenOffice a good free alternative to Microsoft Office?

My trial version of MS Office ran out and I really don't want to buy it.



If I download OpenOffice are there any downsides like spyware, ads, etc?



I use Word, Excel (simple spreadsheets) and occasionally Powerpoint.



Will I need to learn OpenOffice stuff or is it intuitive for MS users?



Please, tell me if you actually use OpenOffice, as I've read the reviews but am looking for actual experience.



Is OpenOffice a good free alternative to Microsoft Office?suzuki



I too have been in this situation. I tried out Open Office and I really liked it, but there really isn't a way to replace Microsoft Office. The things I liked about Open Office is that the files open VERY quickly and seamlessly, there are many ways to save a particular file (depending on what program you'll be using it on later), and it's very user friendly. If you know how to use Microsoft Office proficiently, you can learn to use Open Office very quickly. It'll be just like 2nd nature.



As a note, if you do want Microsoft Office AND you're a student, you can get a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 for $60 at this site: http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp That's what I did.



Is OpenOffice a good free alternative to Microsoft Office?virus



MSOffice is bloatware and overpriced. If you used Styles for your paragraphs in Word, then you will find the same feature a little more sticky in OpenOffice. OOo is written in Java, so it runs on everything except Mac OS %26gt; 10. There is no spyware / adware.

No comments:

Post a Comment