Friday, August 20, 2010

Why does Microsoft Office 2007 have to run a config or setup everytime I use it?

If I clear my cache and then try to use a an Office 07 application it runs a config setup like its being run for the first time. It can take a few minutes and is VERY annoying. Anyone know anything about this? Office 07 seems very bloated and I'm thinking about going back to 2000 I've been using forever



Why does Microsoft Office 2007 have to run a config or setup everytime I use it?microsoft office



I use Office 2000 but there are few clever features in Excel 2003 that I might want to use.



I don't know how you clear your cache. Do you mean in Internet Explorer you clear the internet cache?



If you want to disable some of the automatic updates, Run %26gt; MsConfig. You can uncheck programs and SERVICES which load when you boot.



Also you can try Control Panel %26gt; Automatic Updates.



Why does Microsoft Office 2007 have to run a config or setup everytime I use it?norton antivirus



Try this:



Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12



and rename folder ''Office Setup Controller'' and see if that helps.
Bloated is an understatement.



That is the main reason, all of the new add ons.



Don

No comments:

Post a Comment